Amazima Ministries was founded by Katie Davis in 2008. The 501(c)(3) organization, based out of Franklin, TN, feeds, educates, and encourages orphaned and vulnerable children and the poor in the country of Uganda. We do this through child sponsorship (over 600 children), feeding programs (over 1,200 children each day Monday through Friday), community outreach, medical care, vocational initiatives, and spiritual discipleship.
Our commitment to you:
- When you buy from Amazima, you employ a Ugandan woman, feed a hungry child, and receive a beautiful piece of jewelry to show your solidarity with Uganda wherever you go.
- Each piece of jewelry is made by a hard-working woman in Amazima's vocational program. We know these women and their stories, and we love them deeply.
- The women in our vocational program are paid a fair wage and given financial training by Amazima's social worker. Each woman shows proof of deposit to ensure she is saving some of the money she earns for her future.
- All pieces are handcrafted from start to finish. Watch this video to see how the magazine bead jewelry is made.
- All proceeds from Amazima's jewelry sales are applied toward the feeding of over 1,200 children Monday through Friday in the slum community of Masese. The women in Amazima's vocational program are proud that their dedication and work ethic helps feed hungry children in their neighborhood.
- All women in Amazima's jewelry vocational program receive spiritual discipleship. Katie personally meets with the women each week for prayer and Bible study.
- We accept returns and honor refunds to any customer not fully satisfied.
Please note that your jewelry will be shipped from Amazima's stateside office in Franklin, TN. Please allow 5-7 business days for shipping.
All photos by Kelsey Harrison